Two tacos and a drink will run you the decidedly-1969 price of $1.69. That's less than the cost of a soda at most food trucks! Scott's selections include Chorizo and Crispy Potato, Mole-Braised Brisket, Raw Yellow Corn "Ceviche" and Pasilla-Braised Chicken. The Gap will park the truck at various stops in San Francisco from August 12 through September 16 and is one of a fleet of four trucks also roaming Los Angeles with some less-than-modernist fare from Marcel Vigerneron, Chicago with a Rick Gresh menu and New York serving food by best-selling author Katie Lee.
In addition to the discounted tacos, patrons will receive a coupon good for $20 off a pair of 1969 Jeans, although we should note that the offer is good even without a coupon in Gap stores and online. There will even be free jeans giveaways for the lucky few.
Here's the skinny on where to find the truck in San Francisco:
- Aug. 12: dinner in The Castro, 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Aug. 18: lunch at Proxy in Hayes Valley, 10. a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Aug. 31: lunch in the Financial District, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sept. 8: dinner on Berry Street at AT&T Park, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sept. 16: lunch at Front St. and Vallejo St., 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
3-SUM EATS (@3sumeats)
|The LA Pico de Gap truck (Photo credit: latimes.com)|